Helen completed a Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University, graduating with Honours. Helen joined Schembri & Co Lawyers in 2014 where her dedication and hard work has seen her grow from a junior lawyer to a valued and dedicated Associate Lawyer.
Helen practises predominantly in the areas of Family Law and Wills & Estate Litigation. She is a passionate and diligent lawyer who understands the sensitive and emotional complexity of family law and estate litigation and appreciates the importance of listening to our clients and achieving a resolution that best suits their needs.
MAIN AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law including divorce, complex property and and children’s matters
- Wills, Estate Planning and Estate Litigation
- Obtaining Parenting Orders for substantial and significant time for a father who was initially prevented from spending any meaningful time with his children
- Assisting clients who were unfairly and improperly omitted from benefit under a family member’s Will to gain access to their rightful entitlements from the Deceased Estate
- Assisting a client to tackle the difficulties involved in a complex financial and parenting matter where she was totally financially dependent on her husband and caring for a severely disabled child
- Successfully running various matters through to trial which resulted in successful outcomes for the clients
WHAT YOU ENJOY BEST ABOUT THE WORK THAT YOU DO
I enjoy providing clients with practical and realistic advice to reduce the financial and emotional costs associated with litigation. I understand the often sensitive and emotional complexity of Family Law and Deceased Estates, and appreciate the trust my clients put in me to achieve an outcome that meets their wants and needs.
WHY YOU ENJOY WORKING AT SCHEMBRI & CO LAWYERS
I enjoy working in the collaborative team environment at Schembri & Co Lawyers. We are like a family and we treat our clients in the same manner. I like the fact that our firm is large enough to service a broad range of different clients with various needs, but also small enough to provide an authentic and personable service.
INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF WORK
Music, travelling and spending time with family (including my two miniature dachshunds).