When you have made the decision to sell a residential property in Victoria, you will require a Contract of Sale and Section 32 Vendor’s Statement to be prepared. The sale documents can be prepared by some conveyancers that hold additional qualifications. All of our sale documents are prepared or approved by a lawyer.

It is essential that your Contract of Sale legally protects you and clearly sets out the conditions relating to the property transaction as well as the purchasers obligations to you. Schembri & Co Lawyers can draft the Contract, obtain the necessary Land Certificates and communicate with the relevant government bodies on your behalf.

Once the Contract of Sale is prepared and your property has sold, we will complete your transaction through to Settlement and ensure the proceeds of the sale are exchanged for your Certificate of Title. Throughout this service we will be liaising with banks and brokers, Estate Agents, Councils and other Government Authorities including the Land Titles Registry and State Revenue Office, ensuring everything is ready for Settlement.

In order to commence the process, we will provide you with a simple questionnaire to complete. You can complete and sign the questionnaire on any electronic device, including a desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone.

Once you have completed the questionnaire, we will require you to provide our office with copies of the following;

  • A copy of your Title. If you do not have the original, please advise us who holds it and on what basis e.g. whether as Mortgagee or for safe-keeping.
  • Council Rates;
  • Water Rates;
  • Tenancy Agreement (if applicable);
  • Permits and /or notices (if applicable); and
  • Insurance policy for common property (if applicable).

The above information will provide us with an understanding of what further information we require from you and what Certificates we need to obtain for your Vendor’s Statement.

Once we have prepared your Contract of Sale and Vendor’s Statement, we shall provide a copy of same to your appointed selling Agent to enable the sale of your property to proceed. This will ordinarily occur within 7-10 days of having received the aforementioned documents from you, unless we are instructed that the Contract of Sale and Vendor’s Statement are required urgently. In that case, the documents can be prepared within 24 hours.

Please refer to the following article titled ‘Information Sheet for Vendors’ for information about your rights and obligations as a Vendor.

You will need to attend at either our Essendon or Carlton offices in order for us to certify your identification. We will handle everything else from there.

Our property law team handle hundreds of property transactions each year for first home buyers, builders, families and investors alike. We have access to the latest online live settlement rooms as well as online portals for document production which ensures a prompt service to our clients.

With our wealth of experience you can be assured your transaction will be taken care of efficiently and seamlessly. Please contact our property law department on (03) 9331 3144 or